Monday 22 March 2010

Girl believing.

Monday 22nd March 2009.

So, it's been a while.
I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote this, I just know that around that time the only response I heard from it was negative. And it's never easy to write something that no one else believes in anymore.
But things have changed over the last year, mostly for the better. I've found the man of my dreams (for real this time as well I think!), moved house again and turned eighteen.
Just the other day I was talking to two of my best friends, and the topic got onto life after death. How many people believe in it I wonder? Well for years on end I've stood stubbornly against the idea, but simply over the last week I've been reconsidering it.
My brother told me a story of my favourite Aunt, who I used to write to quite frequently. She had bone cancer, and for ten years more than the doctors gave her she fought it. Her husband, Jim, looked after her and they lived together happily. Until, one day he had a stroke, and suddenly it became a lot more difficult. The following Easter Jim died, and I vividly remember seeing my Aunt waving at his coffin as it went. I wrote to her much more after this, and time after time she told me of how lonely she was. Then she became more sick as the New Year came and the day before she died she told the hospital staff that she was going on holiday, that Jim was taking her, and they were going to Paradise. She died the next day; Valentine's Day.
I do miss writing letters to her, and going to visit.
But, it's stories like that that I find incredibly hard not to believe in. I can honestly put my hand to my heart and say I can't believe in the Bible... but there are some other things I'm finding it difficult to do so with. And at the end of the day, if I were to believe that you can be with your loved ones after life and I'm wrong, I haven't lost anything - but I've gained a lifetime of hope and belief.

Goodbye, to a young girl who was full of life.
Sleep peacefully Tess.

Girl believing.
x.

No comments: